1. Raw Eggs:Eggs are a good source of some important nutrients you need for a healthy pregnancy. However, you should not eat raw or undercooked eggs. Homemade mayonnaise, smoothies, mousses, soufflés, and other recipes that use raw eggs should be shun because they may contain salmonella which is a kind of bacteria that can cause diarrhea, poisoning, fever, abdominal pain, and even miscarriage.
2. Soft Cheese:It is important to keep away from soft cheeses during pregnancy because all varieties of soft cheeses, including Brie, Gorgonzola, feta, and Roquefort might contain Listeria bacteria. The bacterial infection can cause this and also become greater risk of stillbirth and premature delivery.
3. Raw or Undercooked Meat:Raw meat should not be part of your pregnancy diet. They may contain a parasite called toxoplasma gondii that can cause toxoplasmosis and lead to miscarriage.
4. Liver:Liver is one of the foods that cause miscarriage.
5. Unpasteurized Milk:Listeria is a type of bacteria that can cause miscarriage and it might be there in unpasteurized milk. The bacteria can cross the placenta and cause life-threatening complications for the fetus. So, be sure to drink pasteurized milk only throughout your pregnancy to lower the risk of becoming infected.
6. Seafood/Fish with Mercury:Pregnant women should say no to fish and seafood that contain high levels of mercury. These foods can cause developmental delays and brain damage in fetuses. Those include swordfish, shark, crab, king mackerel, and tilefish. Similarly, you should also avoid canned, chunk light tuna, which may contain lower levels of mercury but can still lead to pregnancy related complications.
7. Processed Meat:Processed foods like stuffed foods, pate, sausages, and deli meat should also be avoided during pregnancy, because too much of these foods can be harmful for the fetus. It increases the risk of toxicity to the fetus and eventually leads to miscarriage.
8. Sprouted Potato:You should avoid eating sprouted potatoes even when you are not pregnant. Sprouted potato contains a toxin called solanin which is very bad for people’s health. These toxins can affect the fetal growth and eventually lead to miscarriage.
9. Peach:You should avoid eating too much of it because it may increase your risk of bleeding, and bleeding may cause miscarriage.
10. Pineapple:The presence of bromelain in pineapple makes it one of the foods that cause miscarriage. Eating pineapple in pregnancy can cause contractions and create the substance that may lead to to this.
11. Unripe Papaya:Unripe papaya is also in the list of foods that can cause miscarriage, which is mainly because it contains the enzyme called papain.
12. Drumstick Tree:Eating drumstick tree may make your uterine muscle smooth, which in turn will increase your risk of miscarriage.
Other Foods That Cause Miscarriage
- Wild Apple
- Aloe Vera.
- Bitter Melon
- Sesame Seed